lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Amrun" <Am...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: how to combine queries?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:05:25 GMT
Thanks for your answers,

I've tried to use the MultiFieldQueryParser and it works quite good. But now
I need to know how the operators like "+" or AND are working together?
I have a searchmask at which you can choose e.g. the title, subject, class,
categoriy, teacher and so on and I need to combine the given keywords.
Say I want to get all the presentations from the class 5 from the teacher xy
where the keywords are "security" "lucene" and so on.
So I would combine the "presentations" with the "5" and teacher "xy" with
PLUS and the keywords with " "? I don't really know how this operators work
together.
Hope someone can help me
thx