lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: incorrect OO in lucene source?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:35:47 GMT
My vote is to get 1.4 fully released (there are some *dramatic* new
features) and then we can really kick in the discussions for
API/interface overhauls and how we want to deal with backwards
compatibility issues as well.  Does anyone feel strongly enough about
API changes to be made for 1.4?

I agree that interfaces would be nice for Analyzer (perhaps
incorporating the new patch in Bugzilla to allow a chain of
TokenFilters outside of Analyzer itself) and the other classes that
don't have any concrete functionality and only abstract methods.

	Erik