lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <ajiten...@aalayance.com>
Subject Hits address link in the retrieved hits
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:04:22 GMT
Hi all,

       Sorry, for requesting you to go through a long text. I have 3 questions that are indicated.
                                I have an XML document to be indexed  i.e. pretty large and
hence its individual data rows containing
 need to be searched. For the present, there are only two fields to be there in the index:
OBJECT_ID and the corresponding
 OBJECT_XML . As all lie in a single XML document, there is OBJECT_ID  field to uniquely identify
them.
There are 2 ways to access data after retrieving hits: a) store it verbatim in the index,
& b) specify in an additional "url" field in
 the index the address of the XML document.
But, I am referring data from an Oracle database over a thin client.
( Also, I am using the results.jsp provided in lucene 1.2 with own Indexer class and the Lucene
provided IndexSearcher class)
1) I am choosing the first way and don't know how to retrieve path in the hits in a web page.

2) Also, even if I am using the IndexSearcher class it is not clear to me how the "search"
function actually retrieves the path,
 i.e. what datatype or variable field is used specifically.
3) Also, is there is a way to choose the second way, i.e. b) as stated above.

Regards,
Jitender