lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: tabs in .java files
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:43:21 GMT
On Mar 26, 2004, at 6:46 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Does anyone know if Jakarta allows us to set up some scripts that will
> check the input (e.g. .java file) on CVS commit?

I have not seen other projects doing something fancier with commits
other than the diff e-mails we currently get.  I would recommend
against tinkering with files via commit this way - just seems overly
protective.

I think we can just agree, as committers, to be more careful with
eliminating tabs.

> Tabs currently do mess up indentation in some cases.  That is,
> actually, how I realized there was a tab in one of the files.  Looking
> at other files revealed that the sources are full of them.

Yeah, it really wreaks havoc on my view of several source files.  I've
modified many locally just so I can peruse the code.

	Erik