lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yussef Alkhamrichi" <yalkhamri...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: result sorting code
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:36:20 GMT
Hi Morary,

I'm also using Lucene.Net, I have made my own custom sorting which fetches
the fields of the document on which the sorting is performed from the Hits
collections. It's a pretty forward (and slow solution), the only
optimization I can do is use paging information to only sort the number of
results needed.

I haven't had a look at the sorting solution contributed to the java version
of Lucene, can you tell me how the sorting is done. I'm interested wether
there is a another possibility to sort results without fetching the
individual documents from the index.

I'm looking forward to your .Net port of this code, let me know if you need
help with it (maybe testing or so).

greetings,

Yussef