lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: New FieldSortedHitQueue uses Java 1.4 feature
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:28:31 GMT
On Mar 8, 2004, at 12:54 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Jamie M wrote:
>> And I've come up with two workarounds for this problem
>> under an ibm 1.3.1 jvm:
>> 1) disable jit compliation for this method by setting
>> this environment variable:
>> JITC_COMPILEOPT=SKIP{org/apache/lucene/store/OutputStream}{writeInt}
>
> Good job finding this!
>
> Is it possible to add this to the Ant build script?

I'm not sure if this can be made part of the Ant script or not.  If it
has to be a true environment variable, I don't think it can.  But if it
can be made to be part of the compiler arguments somehow, then yes.

Jamie - if you can see if this works by tweaking the Ant build file, we
could certainly make it part of the the build process in some manner.

	Erik