lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Jones <TJo...@hoovers.com>
Subject RE: results sorting code in CVS
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:55:30 GMT
a short answer is: those are internal classes which you probably
won't use directly.  You can just use the Sort class along with
a Searcher.

a longer answer is: they are referenced by IndexSearcher (through
MultiFieldSortedHitQueue) and each used depending on the type of
field being sorted by.  They are set up so that you could, for
example, subclass IndexSearcher to create a SpecialIndexSearcher
that always sorts by one of the HitQueues.