lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: tabs in .java files
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:18:37 GMT

They'll just creep back in.  Plus I generally think reformatting is a
bad reason for a commit.  It clogs and confuses diffs.  Changes should
be confined to fixing bugs and adding features.  To me, reformatting is
more evil than tabs.

Tab's are acceptable so long as things indent correctly with 8 space stops.