lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tabs in .java files
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:18:37 GMT
-1

They'll just creep back in.  Plus I generally think reformatting is a
bad reason for a commit.  It clogs and confuses diffs.  Changes should
be confined to fixing bugs and adding features.  To me, reformatting is
more evil than tabs.

http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc3.html

Tab's are acceptable so long as things indent correctly with 8 space stops.

Doug