lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: Proposal: extracting term-level stats from query process
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:45:57 GMT wrote:
> To save any duplicated effort on your part: I've started work on the RAMDirectory alternative
you suggested last week:

> It would be useful if the Lucene Term class could be made to implement the "Comparable"

Yes, that's a good suggestion.  I'll make the change.

> The design rationale is currently, no thread safety, no ability to merge with other indexes

If you fully implement the IndexReader API, then merging should work,
i.e., you should be able to add the index to another with an

> A pure throw-away index typically used once in a single
> query thread to analyse search results. To support this scenario it also offers some
new methods of use in refining searches eg things like:
>   String getMostCommonUnstemmedForm(Term t)

How can that be done in an Analyzer-independent manner?

I look forward to seeing your code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message