lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New FieldSortedHitQueue uses Java 1.4 feature
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:33:10 GMT
Robert Engels wrote:
> Seems like a bad precedent... if developers have to worry about coding
> around problems in specific JDK's, it could be a nightmare. What about the
> next user who uses some JDK than is less mainstream?

I think you're responding to the other branch of this thread!

What I was suggesting here is that Tim remove the regex code from the
Lucene 1.4 codebase, since it requires Java 1.4, while everything else
in Lucene requires only Java 1.2.

Separately, there's the issue of how Lucene should handle a bug in IBM's
1.3 JIT, but that's not what I was talking about here.

Doug