lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject German stopword loading fails silently
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:57:54 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that GermanAnalyzer fails silently if the stopword file is not
found:

GermanAnalyzer ga = new GermanAnalyzer(new File("/notfound"));

In this case an empty stopword list is used without any warning. I consider
silent failure a bug. It's easy to fix, but is it okay to add "throws
IOException" or do you consider that an incompatible change? If you think
it's okay I'll submit a bug report + patch.

The only other solution I can think of would be to print a warning via
System.out.println(), but that's not how it's supposed to be done,
obviously.

Regards
 Daniel

--