lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject tabs in .java files
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:46:34 GMT
Tabs are evil.
Does anyone mind me doing s/\t/  /g on *.java?

I'd love to clean up, but am wondering if that will affect our ability
to apply patches sitting in Bugzilla.

A quick glance at the man page for patch seems to indicate that this
should not be a problem:

-l  or  --ignore-whitespace
Match  patterns  loosely, in case tabs or spaces have been munged in
your files.  Any sequence of one or more blanks in  the  patch  file
matches  any  sequence in the original file, and sequences of blanks
at the ends of lines are  ignored.   Normal  characters  must  still
match  exactly.  Each line of the context must still match a line in
the original file.

I'll commit my local s/\t/  /g changes, unless somebody speaks up by
tomorrow morning, CET.

Thanks,
Otis