lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Fields and Documents
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:08:49 GMT
If you look at the TestSegmentReader.testDocument() method in the TermVector patch I submitted
you will see why I asked this question.

Lines in question:
      //There are 2 unstored fields on the document that are not preserved across writing
      assertTrue(result.getNumFields() == testDoc.getNumFields() - 2);

It is not a big deal, just a little bit akward, I think, that a Document that is retrieved
from a reader is not the "same" document as
before it was retrieved, in the sense that it doesn't have the same meta-information.

>>> cutting@apache.org 02/06/04 04:35PM >>>
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> The relevant code for this appears to be in FieldsWriter, where it explicitly writes
out only those that where isStored() == true.

That's the correct behaviour.  Only fields that are stored are written.

Doug