lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Dmitry's Term Vector stuff, plus some
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:27:42 GMT
Hi All,

I am putting the finishing touches on an implementation of Dmitry's Term Vector code built
and running against the HEAD, plus test cases for all files involved.  What is the best way
to submit this?  I can do the diff, but how should I submit the new files?

I can also provide notes on my implementation, as it varies slightly from Dmitry's due to
changes in 1.3.

I also tested by indexing 12,598 documents (88,362 terms) using both term vectors and no term
vectors.
Index size w/o term vectors: 42 MB
Index size w/ term vectors: 71.3 MB

Time for the first test was 5 minutes 30 seconds, time for the second test was 6 minutes 2
seconds.

Let me know, and I will upload it tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Sr. Software Engineer