lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Nestel, Frank IZ/HZA-IOL" <neste...@de.ina.com>
Subject RE: N-gram layer
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:24:48 GMT
Hi,

sorry for being late, I don't follow this list all the time. I once
started writing a ngram version similar to TextCat for java. I soon
were distracted and so it is still somewhat raw, but it is long
published under http://ngramj.sf.net

As far as I remember it was able to parse TextCat resources, using variable
length ngrams, generating ngram sets from samples. It is intended to look
at files as a byte stream.

Things which should be easy departing from there:
* Make it plugable into a general stemming system.
* Looking at character streams instead of byte streams (i.e. encoding stuff
handled by Java)
* cosine valued reporting and orthogonalization of ngram space variables.

I could spend some work to do this, but I'd need help, cause it is not my
only pasttime.

Regards,
Frank