lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Park <jackp...@thinkalong.com>
Subject Error in search
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:35:35 GMT
I am using 1.3 final.

I am indexing triples, with fields like subject, predicate, and object.

In playing around with toy triples, where objects are simple strings,
I'm running into that famous "System cannot find the path specified"
explosion when I do a
    Document doc = hits.doc(i) on the first (i=0) hit with two hits
available.

Roaming about in the Hit code, I remain somewhat confused.
I'm using  IndexSearcher, right out of the demo.

Let me assume that Hit.doc(i) has a cache miss, so it goes off to
searcher.doc(hitDoc.id). which seems to ramble off to an IndexReader.

Here, I am assuming that we are looking around in the index built. That
it found two hits, I'm inclined to think that Lucene is properly reading
its indexes.

So, what would be the source of the hit failure in the form of "cannot
find the path specified"? What path?

Thanks
Jack