lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Pierrick Brihaye <pierrick.brih...@culture.gouv.fr>
Subject Re: Arabic Analyzer, Stemmer contribution and lincence
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:17:47 GMT
Hi Otis, sorry for having been so late to answer,

Otis Gospodnetic a écrit:

> I noticed your code is under GPL.

Correct.

> Would you consider releasing it under ASL, iff that is even possible,
> considering your code is based on Perl code released under GLP?
>
> I'm afraid we cannot accept contributions under GPL.
> Some LGPL contributions are acceptable, as are some Mozilla Licence
> contributions.

Unfortunately, The original code for the morphological analysis of
arabic was released by Tim Buckwalter under the GPL license (see the
readme file). The "viral" aspect of this licence fordids me to deliver
my code under a more restrictive one AFAIC.

Maybe is would be a good idea to give some pointers to strongly
Lucene-related sites that can deal with the GPL ?

Yours sincerly,

--
Pierrick Brihaye, informaticien
Service régional de l'Inventaire