lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Vila Puig <...@imente.com>
Subject Increase search performance
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:56:21 GMT
Hi all,

    Can I increase the search performance disabling the score
calculation? How can I achieve that? I only need to implement a custom
similarity class.
    I want to score all matching documents with 1. My organization does
not need the scoring algorithm, and I'am testing if without it the
performance increase if better.

    Can I score all matching documents with 1 easily? This change will
increase the search performace? I'am searching over multiple big indexes
(each one of 4Gb +/-, 5Millions documents each +/-)

Thanks

--
Albert Vila Puig
http://www.imente.com