lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Important Deadline: Contributor License Agreement, March 1st
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:44:19 GMT
Developers, please see this:

I see some important jakarta-lucene names on the list (link in email
above and below) of people who have not sent in their CLAs.

We'd hate to lose you and your contributions.
If you need more time, please speak up, so we can do something about
getting you a little extension.

Developers without their CLAs signed and submitted will be locked out
of Jakarta/ASF, and their code may have to get removed from Lucene and
other Jakarta projects.

From: Geir Magnusson Jr <>
Subject: CLAs : Deadline is March 1, 2004 to avoid suspension of commit
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:25:27 -0500

Jakarta Committers,

The March 1 CLA deadline for CLAs is approaching quickly.

As you are aware, all committers working on Apache Software Foundation
projects are required to have a CLA filed with the ASF.  This document
clearly defines the terms under which intellectual property has been
contributed to the ASF and thereby allow us to defend the project
should there be a legal dispute regarding the software at some future

Every committer is responsible for ensuring a CLA is on file with the
ASF by March 1, 2004.  Any committer that does not have a CLA on file
will have their committer privs suspended.

To check to see if one is on file for you, please look here :

If your name is *not* in italics, there is no CLA on file. f you are
not listed as having a CLA on file, read about it and get one :

and follow the instructions.  It's really easy.

Please direct all questions and problems to

or the public list if you don't mind public discussion of your

We will do what we can to help resolve any issues that arise.  Silence
on this issue isn't an option.  The ASF is working to tie up any
IP-related loose-ends, and this is an important one - they will suspend

commit privs.

geir, writing on behalf of the Jakarta PMC

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message