lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test issue with new version of .tis file
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:02:30 GMT
Julien,

Thanks for the report.  This sounds like it could be a bug in my recent
changes.  A reproducible standalone test case would be best, but if you
can't manage to create one, here's something else to try:
   1. Find the document that, when added, triggers the problem.
   2. Just before that document is added, try instead calling
IndexWriter.optimize().
   3. If the optimize() fails, then the problem is in the index before
the document is added, and I may be able to use that index to debug the
problem.  So you could tar or zip it up and put it on a public web or
FTP server.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Doug

julien gerard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tested the new version of the Lucene index with doug's modification on the creation
of the .tis file to accelerate phrase or multiterm query( http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04332.html
), but I have the following Exception during the index creation :

> java.io.IOException: read past EOF
> 	at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:192)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java(Compiled Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfos(SegmentMerger.java(Compiled
Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfos(SegmentMerger.java(Compiled
Code))
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTerms(SegmentMerger.java:192)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:99)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:430)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(IndexWriter.java(Compiled
Code))