lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Jones <tjo...@hoovers.com>
Subject Re: arbitrary sorting
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:27:47 GMT
(second try)

--

Erik et al,

In the attached .zip are the files implementing the functionality I
described.  I ended up just putting the classes in the
org.apache.lucene.search package - that makes the constructor problem I
mentioned not an issue.  Therefore there's not a bug to post the code
against, so I'm just attaching it here.  Let me know if there is
something else I should do.

For reference, it was the org.apache.lucene.search.TopDocs which was the
problem - I needed to call it from the SortedIndexSearcher I created,
but it can't be called from outside the org.apache.lucene.search package.

The class to look at is org.apache.lucene.search.SortedIndexSearcher.
It contains some basic informatin about how to use it.

I call this v0.1 because there are some constraints on the fields used
to sort - they must contain a single term which is an integer value.  If
what I've done looks like a good direction to take in the API, though,
it would be possible to make the code able to handle arbitrary term
values, with a little worse performance.

Tim