lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Vila Puig <...@imente.com>
Subject Lucene's delete feature
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:16:45 GMT
Hi all,

    I want to maintain an index only with the last month documents. I am
adding all documents sorted by date, in order to use the
IndexOrderSearcher and sort the results by date.
    My problem begins went I want to delete documents from the last
month index. Can I delete and add documents from the index and preserve
the document numbers?

    For example, my idea is at the end of each day, delete the first day
from the index, and add the today's documents to it.

Thanks,

Sorry for my poor english.

--
Albert Vila Puig