lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Kent Mitchell" <K...@Agitar.com>
Subject Offer to help with the qaulity of Lucene
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:08:44 GMT
Gentlemen,

I work Agitar Software, a new startup company that produces Java unit
testing tools.  As part of an exercise we downloaded the Lucene code and ran
it trough our testing tools.  We did this because we were working with John
Udell from InfoWorld and he had use a .Net port of Lucerne to evaluate
another testing tool so we thought it was appropriate to use the Java
version of Lucene to discuss our product with him.

In the process of doing the evaluation, we uncovered a few interesting
issues that might be worth looking into.  Since I have no expertise with the
code (I just downloaded it and ran the code), I'm not confident the issues
we uncovered would be considered "bugs" per se but they could be interesting
and may point out some problems.

We'd be happy to supply you with free copies of our product to use for
developing a full unit test suite for Lucene.  We will also provide free
consulting and/or any other assistance that we can.  I'd be glad to walk you
through the process that we use to generate tests and evaluate results.  We
this this could be a very effective way to build a comprehensive suite of
unit level tests for all the Lucene classes.

If this sounds interesting to me please let me know.

Kent Mitchell
Sr. Director, Product Management
Agitar Software
1350 Villa Street