lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Language neutral index format representation (was Re: Confused by writePostings/SegmentTermDocs.next())
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:33:05 GMT
On 2 Dec 2003, at 18:45, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 11:02  AM, Simon Cozens wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>     At my company, we're working on a Perl version of Lucene, which
>> we plan to
>> release under the same terms as Lucene. (When we have it working,
>> tested and
>> documented.)
>
> Very nice!  At FOO you mentioned you were going to probably write a
> Perl version - glad you're getting the time to do it now.  I've been
> dragging my feet on RubyLucene (@ RubyForge.org) - I've gotten some
> low-level file I/O Directory implementations working, but nothing
> above that yet.

(for who aren't aware of the possibility...)

if the lucene community decided to opt for top level project status at
the ASF then the perl, ruby and java versions could be developed within
the same project here at apache. if this is the route that the lucene
community decides to take, then (i think that) the jakarta pmc would do
whatever they could to help. (at least, that's the current policy :)

- robert