lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Leos Literak <>
Subject Re: Real update feature
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:37:04 GMT

I understand this point of view, though I would love to see one method
Implementation details (like it does delete+add in fact) is not my
business. I wouldn't need to worry
of synchronization and locks on IndexReader/IndexWriter and other low
level details.  If you once
find better implementation - great, my source is ready. I dont need to
lookup delete followed by add.

>It would be possible to add a feature which would let you efficiently
update un-indexed field values. But, to update
>an indexed field, because of the index file formats and algorithms, it
would be very inefficient to do something other than delete+add.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message