lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Castro <dcas...@apu.edu>
Subject Database Store for Lucene
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:38:12 GMT

I have worked on a Database Store for Lucene off and on over the past
couple weeks and wanted to contribute it and get some feedback from any
interested parties.  Currently I have tested it with PostgreSQL, but will
be making sure that it works with MySQL and Informix here pretty soon.

    http://home.apu.edu/~dcastro/lucene-DBDirectory.tar.gz

It is using the Jakarta Commons DBCP/Pool libraries.  The implementation is
far from rigorously tested, but hopefully that will come from some of you
who could immediately try it out and provide feedback.  I can think of
several optimizations already that would be good to incorporate.

To use it simply untar it while in the lucene source tree (lucene-1.3-rc2).
You will end up with the following:

    jakarta commons libs in lib/
    two source files in src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/
    an SQL schema file DBDirectory_schema.sql (for PostgreSQL)
    a LICENSE file (ASL 1.1)
    a README file with an example code snippet

Send me an email with problems or patches.  If someone needs a binary
distribution, let me know.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

David Castro
Software Architect
Information & Media Technology
Azusa Pacific University

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue,
but in deed and in truth." -- 1 Jn 3:18 (NKJ)