lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gulli <gu...@di.unipi.it>
Subject Re: Lucene & dmoz
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:00:29 GMT
petite_abeille wrote:

> Hi,

I'm the last Editor of the category, even if this entry was not
originally introduced by me.
I just received a personal email which point out the same situation (a
feedback to the editor).
Changed the content to:

"Jakarta Lucene is a full-featured text search engine written entirely
in Java, and it is an open source project available for free download
from Apache Jakarta"

You will see on line on next DMOZ update, and later on next Google indexing
(this can request time, but it is not under my control).

> Looking at Google directory for Fulltext:
>
> http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/
> Information_Retrieval/Fulltext/?tc=1
>
> Which originates from dmoz originally:
>
> http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Information_Retrieval/Fulltext/
>
> Lucene is described as a "commercial" engine...
>
> "Created by Doug Cutting previously of Apple computer and Xerox PARC,
> Lucene is a commercial Java based search engine."
>
> Should that be amended in some ways?
>
> Cheers,
>
> PA.

..di piĆ¹.
Seguimmo per istinto le scie delle Comete
come Avanguardie di un altro sistema solare.

http://www.di.unipi.it/~gulli/