lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Revival of Dmitry's Term Vector patches
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:32:17 GMT
Damian,

One more thing - I think the CVS diff will be better if you make the
code changes directly in the checked out CVS repository.  Judging from
your diff, it looks like you made changed in a separate directory
hierarchy.

Thanks!
Otis

--- Damian Gajda <dgajda@caltha.pl> wrote:
> W li¶cie z pi±, 14-11-2003, godz. 16:47, Otis Gospodnetic pisze:
> > Yes, yes, please - documentation patches by themselves are
> valuable,
> > too!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Otis
>
> These are only 5 files and just a few comments from Dmitry.
>
> Have fun.
> --
> Damian Gajda
> Caltha Sp. j.
> Warszawa 02-807
> ul. Kukułki 2
> tel. +48 22 643 20 20
> mobile: +48 501 032 506
> http://www.caltha.pl/
> > diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/CVS/Entries

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/CVS/Entries
> 20,21c20,21
> < /CharTokenizer.java/1.4/Mon Nov 17 20:50:28 2003//
> < /PorterStemFilter.java/1.4/Mon Nov 17 20:50:28 2003//
> ---
> > /CharTokenizer.java/1.4/Mon Nov 17 20:09:57 2003//
> > /PorterStemFilter.java/1.4/Mon Nov 17 20:09:57 2003//
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/CVS/Entries

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/CVS/Entries
> 12c12
> < /StandardAnalyzer.java/1.6/Mon Nov 17 20:50:28 2003//
> ---
> > /StandardAnalyzer.java/1.6/Mon Nov 17 20:09:57 2003//
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.java

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.java
> 164a165,166
> >   /** Create a field by specifying all parameters.
> >    */
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/FieldInfos.java

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/FieldInfos.java
> 70a71,76
> > /** Access to the Field Info file that describes document fields
> and whether or
> >  *  not they are indexed. Each segment has a separate Field Info
> file. Objects
> >  *  of this class is thread-safe for multiple readers, but only one
> thread can
> >  *  be adding documents at a time, with no other reader or writer
> threads
> >  *  accessing this object.
> >  */
> 96a103,106
> >   /** Adds in information for a set of FieldInfos.
> >    *  Returns an array mapping each field number in the
> <code>names</code>
> >    *  collection to the field numbers in this one.
> >    */
> 103a114,117
> >   /** If the field is not yet known, adds it. If it is known,
> checks
> > 	*  to make sure that the isIndexed flag is the same as was given
> > 	*  previously for this field. If not - throws
> IllegalStateException.
> > 	*/
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMergeInfo.java

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMergeInfo.java
> 59a60,63
> > /** Data container to work with SegmentMergeQueue. Represents a
> single segment
> >  *  to be merged. Maintains the segment reader, TermEnum, and
> TermPositions
> >  *  for this segment.
> >  */
> 60a65
> >   /** The current term of this segment, or null if none. */
> 61a67,68
> >
> >   /** Index of the 0th document from this segment in the merged
> document numbering. */
> 62a70,71
> >
> >   /** This segment's term enum. Do not use directly. */
> 63a73,74
> >
> >   /** This segment's reader. Do not use directly. */
> 64a76,77
> >
> >   /** Postings for the current term. */
> 65a79,85
> >

> >   /** Maps around deleted docs. Contains a slot for each document
> in the
> >    *  reader. Slots corresponding to deleted docs have the value of
> -1. The
> >    *  rest have their new document numbers that start at 0. This
> value
> >    *  added to <code>base</code> is the document number in the
> merged numbering.
> >    */
> 67a88,91
> >   /** Create a new merge info. Base <code>b</code> is a starting
> >    *  number for documents from this segment in the merged document
> >    *  numbering.
> >    */
> 89a114,119
> >
> >   /** Shift to the next term on this segment's TermEnum. The new
> >    *  term becomes the current term for this segment, effecting the
> >    *  ordering of the SegmentMergeQueue. If no more terms remain
> >    *  in this segment, returns false and resets the current term to
> null.
> >    */
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMergeQueue.java

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMergeQueue.java
> 59a60,63
> > /** Priority queue of SegmentMergeInfo objects. The queue sorts the
> >  *  info objects by their current term, and if the terms are equal,
> >  *  by their base offset.
> >  */
> diff --recursive

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMerger.java

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index/SegmentMerger.java
> [...]
> <code>add</code>) into a
> >    *  single segment with the specified <code>name</code>.
> >    */
> 85a90,92
> >   /** Add segment reader to be merged.
> >    *
> >    */
> 89a97,99
> >   /** Return one of the segment readers being merged.
> >    *
> >    */
> 93a104,106
> >   /** Start the merge. All segment readers to be merged must have
> been added
> >    *  prior to this call.
> >    */
> 150a164,166
> >   /** Merge the field information from the segment readers.
> >    *  Called from <code>merge</code>.
> >    */
> 183a200,202
> >   /** Merge the term index, frequency and proximity information
> >    *  from specified segment readers. Called from
> <code>merge</code>.
> >    */
> 200a220,221
> >   /** Merge the term index information. Called from
> <code>mergeTerms</code>.
> >    */
> 201a223,224
> > 	// Create and populate a priority queue of segments to be merged.
> > 	// Segments are sorted by their top term and the base doc number
> in the merged segment.
> 222a246,247
> >       // pop off the queue and put into match[] all segments
> >       // that have the same term at the top
> 227a253,254
> >       // perform the merge for all segments that are positioned on
> >       // the same term
> 229a257,258
> >       // advance the matched segments to the next term and, if one
> exists, put
> >       // the segment back onto the queue (priority queue takes care
> of sorting them)
> 241a271,278
> >
> >   /** Merge one term found in one or more segments. The array
> <code>smis</code>
> >    *  contains segments that are positioned at the same term.
> <code>N</code>
> >    *  is the number of cells in the array actually occupied.
> >    *
> >    * @param smis array of segments
> >    * @param n number of cells in the array actually occupied
> >    */
> 255a293,300
> >   /** Process postings from multiple segments all positioned on the
> >    *  same term. Writes out merged entries into freqOutput and
> >    *  the proxOutput streams.
> >    *
> >    * @param smis array of segments
> >    * @param n number of cells in the array actually occupied
> >    * @return number of documents across all segments where this
> term was found
> >    */
> 297a343,346
> >
> >   /** Merge field normalization factors for the specified segment

/home/damian/java_packages/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/CVS/Entries

/home/damian/eclipse/plus/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/CVS/Entries