lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "is@avik" ...@avik.biz>
Subject webfood.us
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:41:38 GMT
Hello,

We are proud to announce that our site www.webfood.us
is now using Lucene engine for searching thru
restaurant menus. We would like our site to be listed
in 'Powered By' section of Lucene site.

Shortly about the project. Webfood.us is NJ restaurants
directory allowing each restaurant to have their own customized
menu pages and publish products and specials. Users may find
restaurants near them, find dish or specials across all menus,
browse up-to-date menus and place online orders.
Menu is stored in xml and has flexible tree like structure
which is difficult to represent with RDBMS. Lucene suites
best our data representation. We've built Advanced
Search for sophisticated queries and every restaurant has
its own in-store menu search.
Lucene let us drop unnecessary xml->sql transformation used
previously only for search purposes.

Other then Lucene we also use many open source frameworks -
JBoss/Struts/XML/XSLT/Ant.

Great job is done with Lucene, thanks guys!

Regards,
Igor Semenko,
java developer, www.webfood.us