lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor Heinrich" <>
Subject [FilterIndexReader]; [build.xml] RC2 package build issues.
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:13:54 GMT

thanks for the nice release candidate RC2 of Lucene 1.3.

I have one question about the FilterIndexReader which is newly introduced in

While the regular ant-based build works fine, my IDE (Eclipse R2.1.1) keeps
complaining about the method
FilterIndexReader.FilterTermPositions.nextPosition() where the member in is
referenced. Although it actually is the same variable in a twofold
interpretation -- inherited from FilterTermDocs and accessed via enclosing
scope also from FilterTermDocs -- the compiler frontend detects an error. I
think it would not
be a problem for anyone to make the reference explicit by replacing

Further, thanks for the changes in build.xml. This actually reflects a more
seemless variant that is usable stand-alone as well as in IDEs such as
Eclipse (see older mails on this topic in the lucene lists).

As a suggestion: The clean target does not sweep the javacc outputs from the
source files. This should be in especially if someone works on the jj files.

Regards, Gregor

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message