lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Better way to Sort by Date
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:23:29 GMT
hi,
thank you for the help, i really appreciate.
You are right, documents usually come in date order, except when i first spide a folder and
sub-tree, in that case i don't know what to do.
The only thing i can think right now is pre-load a number of documents, like 1 million empty
document, they will not be part of the results for any kind of search, i guess! i did some
test and even if the index has one million documents, it is still fast, always less the 500ms,
so i would rather waste some time in that way. I still don't know how i could implement that:
"update" documents using the timestamp to "seek" the right document number.
Any ideas? could you help me? Did you implement sort by date? i saw your website and i found
interesting stuff there.
Thank you.