lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Query Term Collector (was: Re: New highlighter package available)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 04:17:13 GMT
We walk on the same path Tatu! i said the same in my previous email, to me performance is very
important, actually as soon as i learn some C++ i'll probably move on CLucene, i wanna make
it distribuited as well..
I will appreciate any reports if you run the tests, i am really busy right now to do it, i
will in a month or so if you don't.
Thanks Tatu,
ciao Korfut.

>But more importantly, it would be good to measure
exactly how long separate Term collection phase would take for some realistic
index and matching queries, and compare that to actual query execution time.
And then decide if the performance overhead of double scanning of Terms is
significant to be an issue.