lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Hani Suleiman <h...@formicary.net>
Subject File timestamps
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 05:21:54 GMT
This conversation seems to have stalled a bit. So for those having the
problem, my proposed patch is included. Please do test and let me know
you still have problems with lock files not going away or any other
reader/writer conflicts.

This handles the situation by always incrementing the timestamp, with
the disadvantage that you might end up with files (the segments file,
in practice) sometimes having a timestamp in the future. The testsuite
on OSX consistently passes with this patch applied.

What's the verdict on this being committed?