lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: improve performance of "AND-queries"
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:17:13 GMT
Daniel,

Do you have some performance numbers to go with this?

One thing I'd love to see is some JUnitPerf tests added to Lucene's
test suite - maybe you could come up with a test case that shows the
performance issue explicitly here?

Also, if you are doing this type of query repeatedly, look into using a
QueryFilter that uses the most restrictive query as the filter, which
will limit the search space of the second query.

	Erik