lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [subscriptions] Please make org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter non-final
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:17:34 GMT
The static parse method is simply for convenience.... it does nothing
that you couldn't do by instantiating an instance of QueryParser and
calling the instance 'parse' method.  In fact, its more flexible to use
QueryParser as an instance than through the static method.

So, you already have what you're requesting with QueryParser.

What exactly are you unit testing and how?  I have a feeling if you
give us more details of what you're trying to accomplish we could help.

	Erik