lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: subclassing of IndexReader
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:51:18 GMT
Hi Doug,

I reviewed your changes for subclassing of IndexReader and stumbled
over the following:

*)SegmentMerger.merge() now delivers the number of documents. Therefore,
they donĀ“t have to counted in IndexWriter.mergeSegments any longer.
I changed this and all unit test still work including TestIndexWriter
which tests exactly this number. So I think this small change is ok
and I will commit it.

*)I am just curious. What is IndexReader.undeleteAll needed for?

*)SegmentsReader.undeleteAll does not set hasDeletions to false.
I think this is a bug. Could you check please.

*)The optimized implementation of SegmentTermDocs.seek(TermEnum enum)
is essential in order to avoid unnecessary seek for termInfo in
SegmentMerger.appendPostings(...). The problem I see is that
SegmentTermDocs.seek(TermEnum enum) is public and there is no test to
assure that enum is from the same segment as SegmentTermDocs. I think
such a test should be added. If you agree, I can do that.

Christoph