lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: TestRussianAnalyzer TestRussianStem
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:02:22 GMT
Its not an encoding problem. I now checked that. What happens is that the ASCII
files for the tests are not found if I run the test from ant using build.xml.
Could you try if you can run the tests from ant using Erik´s latest build.xml?
I am not an ant expert. Either I somewhere have a wrong global base/root directory
setting, or some setting has to be changed in build.xml or within the tests.

Christoph

Hani Suleiman schrieb:
> What platform are you running on? The russian stuff was failing
> previously due to encoding issues, whereby the tests assumed the the
> default file encoding is always iso-8859-1, which isn't the case on all
> OS's.
>
> The reader and writer tests both fail occasionally on linux without the
> timestamp patch. Would be nice if you could test out my patch and see if
> those errors go away ;)
>
> Christoph Goller wrote:
>

>> Hani Suleiman schrieb:
>>
>>> What Russian stemmer problems? I've submitted a fix for that a few
>>> weeks ago which was checked in, so there shouldn't be any more
>>> problems with it.
>>>

>> If I run these two tests separately from my eclipse, everything is fine.
>> If I run all tests with ant from the current build.xml these two tests
>> and TestIndexReader fail. I have checked and I am sure I have the latest
>> sources. I have not idea whats happening. Do you think failure of
>> TestRussianAnalyzer and TestRussianStem could be caused by the timestamp
>> problem? I am working with Linux and TestIndexReader occasionally fails
>> if FSDirectory is used.
>>
>> Christoph

* Dr. Christoph Goller     Tel. : +49 89 203 45734          *
* Managing Director        Email: goller@detego-software.de *
* Detego Software GmbH     Mail : Keuslinstr. 13,           *
*                                 80798 München, Germany    *