lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Testcase failure on OSX
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:12:53 GMT
Hani Suleiman wrote:

>It feels wrong, but I can't figure out any negative ramifications.
>
>There are two cases, either the file is modified in the past, in which
>case the current time should be used, or it's modified in the future, so
>the current mod time + X should be used.
>
>Basically you can cover all bases by just incrementing the higher value of
>current time/mod time.

I also think it feels wrong and also cannot find any problematic cases.
Perhaps we can help lower the risk by doing a measurement at the time
FSDirectory is created and setting a value for the minimum detectable
time difference. Then on most systems the code will behave as before,
but on OSX with an old FS (and other things that might come about) it
will have this special behavior.

Dmitry.