lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Testcase failure on OSX
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:49:37 GMT
Maybe I'm being too conservative.  Can anyone imagine bad things that
could happen if a 'segments' file's last modified date is set to
something in the future?  Typically this is compared with a previous
value of its last modified date, not to the current time.  I can't think
of why one would ever compare this to the current time.  So, unless
someone can come up with a pitfall, I remove my objection to this solution.

Doug