lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brisbart Franck <Franck.Brisb...@kelkoo.net>
Subject Re: Scoring scheme modification
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:31:17 GMT
No, there's no need to change any Scorer class. You just have to extend
the Similarity class.
About the normalization, the norm factors are computed during the
indexation step and store in the index. If you keep using the same index
(I mean an index created using the default Similarity), you still have
the old norm factors computed with the 'norm' method of the default
Similarity.
So, don't forget to re-index after changing the Similarity.
I hope this helps.

Franck

Hendra Setiawan wrote:
> I am working on assignment about passage retrieval. I need to change the current scoring
scheme (tf.idf.norm.etc..) especially removing normalization part. I tried to extends Similarity,
but it always came out with normalization.

> Do I have to change the code of Scorer class for every query ? Or is there more elegant
way ?

Franck Brisbart
http://www.kelkoo.com