lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: TermVector once again
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:35:17 GMT
On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 07:42  AM, Damian Gajda wrote:
> I don't know how this work would fit into Lucene's release schedule,
> but
> I think that TermVector might really extend Lucene's usage and put it
> into work in a lot more business apps. So if I will be accepted as a
> proper developer, the best idea I think is creation of a CVS branch for
> this purpose.

Before you can be accepted as a committer to the Lucene project, you
must demonstrate your dedication with code patches and being involved
in the overall community.  Submit your code patches to Bugzilla and
discuss them on this list.

If you have some good stuff, then the next step could be to add you as
a committer to the sandbox area where you could put the TermVector
support.

> Off TermVector topic: Is anyone working on Maven build for Lucene? This
> might be a nice idea - we moved to Maven builds lately and we're very
> happy with these and our Eclipse IDE's :)

What benefit would the Lucene project get from having a Maven build?  I
just overhauled the Ant build process (and am of course somewhat
biased!).  Sure, the reporting stuff is kinda nice, but not something
we really need - we have unit test reporting embedded already.

	Erik