lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TermVector once again
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:51:56 GMT
> > Off TermVector topic: Is anyone working on Maven build for Lucene?
> This
> > might be a nice idea - we moved to Maven builds lately and we're
> very
> > happy with these and our Eclipse IDE's :)
>
> What benefit would the Lucene project get from having a Maven build?
> just overhauled the Ant build process (and am of course somewhat
> biased!).  Sure, the reporting stuff is kinda nice, but not something
>
> we really need - we have unit test reporting embedded already.

I agree with Erik.
I am also a sucker for analysis of any kind, reports, and such.
Perhaps creating an additional Maven-based build would be a nice first
contribution from Damian.  We would still want to keep the Ant build,
as Ant is still more popular than Maven, which means those who want to
build Lucene from scratch will be able to do so using their existing
Ant installation, and won't have to first install Maven.

Otis