lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 23650] New: - docs out of order
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:05:53 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23650>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23650

docs out of order

           Summary: docs out of order
           Product: Lucene
           Version: unspecified
          Platform: PC
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: Major
          Priority: Other
         Component: Index
        AssignedTo: lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org
        ReportedBy: gegez@wp.pl


Hello,
  I can not find out, why (and what) it is happening all the time. I got an
exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: docs out of order
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.appendPostings(SegmentMerger.java:219)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfo(SegmentMerger.java:191)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTermInfos(SegmentMerger.java:172)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeTerms(SegmentMerger.java:135)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:88)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:341)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:250)
        at Optimize.main(Optimize.java:29)

It happens either in 1.2 and 1.3rc1 (anyway what happened to it? I can not find
it neither in download nor in version list in this form). Everything seems OK. I
can search through index, but I can not optimize it. Even worse after this
exception every time I add new documents and close IndexWriter new segments is
created! I think it has all documents added before, because of its size.

My index is quite big: 500.000 docs, about 5gb of index directory.

It is _repeatable_. I drop index, reindex everything. Afterwards I add a few
docs, try to optimize and receive above exception.

My documents' structure is:
  static Document indexIt(String id_strony, Reader reader, String data_wydania,
String id_wydania, String id_gazety, String data_wstawienia)
{
    Document doc = new Document();

    doc.add(Field.Keyword("id", id_strony ));
    doc.add(Field.Keyword("data_wydania", data_wydania));
    doc.add(Field.Keyword("id_wydania", id_wydania));
    doc.add(Field.Text("id_gazety", id_gazety));
    doc.add(Field.Keyword("data_wstawienia", data_wstawienia));
    doc.add(Field.Text("tresc", reader));

    return doc;
}

Sincerely,
legez

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message