lucene-dev mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject RE : New highlighter package available
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:38:10 GMT
Hi Korfut

>>As for Mark works of the highlighter, it is not working with \
>>release 1.3, due to big changes in the core, query rewrite, termenum, etc

The Junit test that accompanies my code tests all query types just fine running with
the version I took from CVS as of 20/9/2003.

When you say "release 1.3" what do you mean - it hasnt been released.
Precisely which version are you using?
What doesn't work?

I'm not alone in seeing it work - I have had success stories back from others too.

>>Do you have any examples or test cases with this new code?

Yes, there is a Junit Test you can look at (HighlightExtractorTest) plus javadoc comments
in
QueryHighlightExtractor.java and instructions in the accompanying highlighter.htm doc.
Updated docs and the latest release available here: http://home.clara.net/markharwood/highlighter.htm

As the doc says, you need a recent version of Lucene (after 11th Sept 03) but given the nightly
build has
been broken since 2003-09-09 you (Korfut) may well be running with an old version.

For the avoidance of doubt here is a build of the 20/9/2003 lucene version I'm using:
http://home.clara.net/markharwood/lucene/lucene-1.3-rc2-dev.jar

If you have any problems with this or later versions please let me know.

Thanks
Mark