lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: unit test issues
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:03:26 GMT
On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 12:19  PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Several of the unit tests cause lots of stuff to be printed to the
> console.  Shouldn't this be instead captured in the test output files?
> I've seen this before with JUnit and never understood what caused it.
> Does anyone know how to fix this?  I find it annoying.

I'll have a look at this stuff too.  It is annoying to have unit tests
that do System.out.println's, and these should be commented out or
turned into asserts.

> Also, several of the unit tests leave files around, even after 'ant
> clean'.  These files are named 'testIndex', 'testDoc' and
> 'velocity.log'.  I think it would be better if these were placed
> somewhere in the build directory, so that 'ant clean' removes them,
> but I don't have time to fix this right now.  Volunteers?

the testIndex and testDoc should be converted to putting things in a
temporary directory defined from the Ant build file in a system
property and put in the "build" directory so clean will take care of
it.  I'll look to see about fixing that.

velocity.log comes from the anakia documentation generation stuff.
very very annoying, i agree!  i'm not sure what, if anything, can be
done about that other than add that to the clean as a special case.