lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Hogan" ...@mikehogan.net>
Subject Re: [subscriptions] Re: Please make org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter non-final
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 21:09:29 GMT
Erik,

> Ummm.... but.... you must be using Lucene 1.2 as IndexWriter was made
> non-final over a year ago.

Yes, I am using 1.2.   1.3 is only at RC1 as far as I could see, certainly
this indicates so: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi.  What
version would you advise me to use?

> So, now that you ultimately have what you asked for, could you do us a
> favor and post back how you plan on using this, and how it will impact
> the design of your production code?  I really am curious how a
> MockIndexWriter will be written to really benefit what you're after.

I posted refactored code a few posts back.  But basically I delegated the
creation of Lucene classes to an interface, of which there are two impls:
the production one and the mock one.

Cheers,
Mike.