lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Hogan" ...@mikehogan.net>
Subject Please make org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter non-final
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:09:00 GMT
Hi,

Please can you make org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter non-final.  It's
being final makes it impossible for me to test using mock objects.  Also, if
there are other public final classes that are significant to the Lucene API,
please make them non-final also, for the same reason.

One more thing, I see that there are cvs commits on the Lucene project, but
no releases in a long while.  What is the status with repect to new
releases?  (In other words, if you do go ahead and make these classes
non-final, when can I expect to be able to make use of the changes :)).

Thanks,
Mike.