lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject cleanup questions
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:36:06 GMT
In my efforts to create a clean demo application I'm doing a thorough
review of the codebase and directory structure.  I'll likely have more
questions over time, but here are some to get the ball rolling....

- src/test/org/apache/lucene/IndexTest.java - this is not even a JUnit
test case.  Does anyone run it?  It has a hardcoded path ("F:\test")
and some FIXME comments.  The code is totally useless except to someone
with F:\test and F:\recipes.  Any objections to just removing this file?

- src/test/org/apache/lucene/index/DocTest.java - this one may actually
be slightly useful, but its not a JUnit test case.  Could someone
convert this to a test case?  Or should it be removed also?

- there are some other classes in src/test that are simply main()
routines and not JUnit tests: AnalysisTest, SearchTest,
SearchTestForDuplicates, StoreTest, ThreadSafetyTest, ant
TermInfosTest.  All of these look like reasonable candidates for
conversion to true JUnit tests.  Any volunteers?  :)  I'll likely give
it a go one of these days.  The sad thing is that these probably have
some reasonable tests in them that aren't ever going to get run except
manually.

Some of these might actually make sense in the context of JUnitPerf
type tests to get some baseline timing tests and ensure that any future
changes to the core don't push index or search times out of expected
ranges.

- Finally, is src/demo/Search.html or Search.jthml still in use?  Heck,
I don't even know what jhtml is other than some type of servlet-like
thing, so I doubt its being used.

Thanks,
	Erik