lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:03:58 GMT
On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 02:55  PM, robert burrell donkin
wrote:
> 1. access to the server containing the distributions has been
> restricted for security reasons but these privileges are only required
> for the actual upload. there are plenty of people on the pmc who have
> these rights. one strategy that other sub-projects have used
> successfully is that the release manager uploads to their home
> directory on cvs.apache.org and then posts a note to pmc at
> jakarta.apache.org requesting that the release be uploaded to the
> distribution directories.

i'm on the Ant PMC and an ASF Member.... does that grant me the
necessary privilege?  i'm not really vying for privilege since we can
get someone to copy the files for us, though.

> if a new lucene release is expected then i'd be happy to hang around
> on this list for a while and give whatever help i can.

it'll take me a few days to squeeze in the time to deal with the build
process and get it working right with all the JavaCC changes and such.
but after that the build will be ready for a new release.  i'm not sure
what else is needed.