lucene-dev mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: file handle changes
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:57:10 GMT
Hi Dmitry,

On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 01:15 Europe/Amsterdam, Dmitry
Serebrennikov wrote:

> I've implemented the file handle reduction changes, roughly as
> proposed before. Here are the patches for your enjoyment! :)

Well... I just applied your patches to see how it goes and... I enjoy
it immensely so far :)

Just flipped the switch on my IndexWriter and... all the indices files
miraculously melted to one...

Very, very, very nice :)

I haven't done any extensive testing so far, but everything seems to be
working just fine :)

Being one of those poor souls sporadically suffering from "file handles
fever", I would strongly encourage every and each Lucene commiter to
give this patch all the attention it deserves. In my opinion, Dmitry's
patch elegantly, but decisively, addresses one of the few shortcoming
of Lucene...

Thanks Dmitry! Very nice work :)

Cheers,

PA.